Saturday, April 19, 2014

Wracked with needs, less than weeds, lacking a table knife

Teratodactyls

Carry me back to my girlfriend in Ottawa
Where she rejected my scabies and scrofula,
Rabies and rickets and urge to lick cricket feet.
Tell her I brush my teeth after each slug I eat.
Dinner is waiting for me in the septic tank
But I need loving to wake me and turn my crank!
After all, what is man, but a low form of life,
Wracked with needs, less than weeds, lacking a table knife?
Call me a masterpiece mired in deep fallacies,
Call me a giant who stoops for analyses
Fit best for fungi or viruses on a slide --
Call me whatever you want but respect my pride.
Carry me back to my girlfriend in Ottawa
Where she last saw me and suddenly thought of a
Much better life that was looming in front of her.
Carry me back, and I'll blaze up like Lucifer.

-- Saturday, April 19, 2014.

No comments: