Saturday, January 27, 2024

As the Biden administration, France, Germany, and the UK scoff at the International Court of Justice....

Nowadays I am consumed by seething anger, by an almost paralyzing rage, and the only idea that allows me to sit back and to breathe is the realization that so much of the world feels exactly as I do.

My absolute hatred for the dishonesty, hypocrisy, spineless cowardice and parasitical complicity of our Western politicians, our Western corporate media, our Western institutions, is echoed and reflected by the testimony online from people all over the world that they, too, are appalled; they, too, can see, with a non-tribal clarity, that the West has lost whatever moral authority or gravitas it might once have had; that they, too, can recognize the evil of proxy wars, of endless bombings, of genocide.

As the West falls apart from its own internal contradictions, I have to wonder if this might not be for the best. Perhaps our time has come and gone; perhaps we are no longer of any use to the planet and its peoples. Yet I maintain, and believe to my core, that so much of what the Western world created, that so many of its ideals and aspirations, were fundamentally good, and remain beautiful. I can only hope that whoever follows us will respect the best of what we did, and forgive us for the worst.

No comments: